Step 1: Creating Virtual Interfaces on the SonicWALL.
Step 2: Configuring VLANs on Cisco L2 Switch.
Step 3: How to test this scenario.
To Create the Virtual interfaces on the SonicWALL:
Step 1: Creating VLAN 10 and VLAN 20 on X0 Port:
1. Login to the SonicWALL Management Interface
2. Navigate to Network > Interfaces, click on dropdown button and select Virtual Interface.
3. Configure the VLAN10 as mentioned in the figure below, click Add and click close when finished.
4. Configure the VLAN20 as mentioned in the figure below, click Add and click close when finished.
Step 2: Configuring VLANs on Cisco L2 Switch
- Login to the Cisco L2 Switch with Privilege mode.
The below figure shows Cisco L2 Switched logged into Privilege mode with current configuration.
As per our scenario Ethernet 0/0 is connected to sonicwall on X0 port, Ethernet 0/1, 0/2 and 0/3 is connected XP computers.
We like to configure:
XP1- to Native VLAN 1 with IP-192.168.168.X
XP2- to VLAN 10 with 192.168.1.X
XP3- to VLAN 20 with 192.168.2.X
- Configuring VLAN on Cisco L2 Switchas mentioned in the figure below.
- Configuring interface e0/0 in trunk mode so it can read all the tagged and untagged packets with is connected to SonicWALL on X0 port
- Configuring interface e0/1 on default VLAN and enabling the port.
For devices connected on default VLAN 1 port we just need to enable the port by no shutdown command.
- Configuring interface e0/2 on VLAN 10 as access port (untagged).
- Configuring interface e0/3 on VLAN 20 as access port (untagged).
Step 3: How to Test this Scenario:
- Connect XP1 system on interface Ethernet 0/1 on default VLAN. The below figure explains that it was able to get IP from X0 subnet and able to ping the X0 IP 192.168.168.168.
- Connect XP2 system on interface Ethernet 0/2 on VLAN 10. The below figure explains that it was able to get IP from X0:V10 subnet and able to ping the X0:V10 IP 192.168.1.1.
- Connect XP3 system on interface Ethernet 0/3 on VLAN 20. The below figure explains that it was able to get IP from X0:V20 subnet and able to ping the X0:V20 IP 192.168.2.1.